It is estimated that the Australian woman spends in average $250,000 on clothes throughout their lives and sadly most of these items will never be worn! At The Edit we believe that beautiful, quality designer items should be used and enjoyed to their fullest extent, and not sitting at the back of your wardrobe when they could bring so much enjoyment to someone else.
What is Consignment and why you should consign with us?
Consignment is a business arrangement in which a business (The Edit) agrees to pay a seller (you) for merchandise (clothes, shoes & accessories) after the item sells. We love consignment because it gives new life to your much-loved designer items reducing the impact the luxury industry has on the environment. At The Edit we love Sustainable and Circular Fashion.
We make it easy for you. Simply bring in store or send your items by post to us for appraisal and we will do the rest for you. We make it super easy and hassle free!
You earn more $$ - You earn up to 80% of the selling price for your items. We cover all the selling and marketing costs including professional photography, copywriting, editing, shipping etc.
100% Money Back Guarantee of Authenticity - This provides our customers with the confidence to purchase knowing that every item available for sale on our website, social media and in our store has been authenticated by our trained professionals.
What do I need to do?
1. Get in touch - Schedule an appointment to visit us in-store by completing the form below, or complete our consignment form and send us a picture of the items you want to consign with us. Our buyers will provide you with an estimate for your pieces based on condition, desirability, and market rate.
2. Send – Once we have selected which items we can sell, send us your items by courier or registered post or drop them at our store.
3. Authenticate – Once we receive your items, they will be carefully authenticated in person by our buying team. We also submit certain pieces to our third-party authentication partner, Entrupy. Read more about our Authentication process here.
4. Sell - We photograph, style, market & sell your items through our distribution channels, including our main store at Lane Cove in Sydney, website, Facebook & Instagram. We will also cover the shipment costs if we sell your item online.
5. Get paid - You earn up to 80% of the selling price of your items. Read our Consignment rates here. The Edit pay cycle is once a month by direct deposit. Please log in to our online portal to find out which items you were paid for.